The employer works within the Healthcare industry.
Education and Experience:
- Provides leadership, direction, mentorship, and supportive resources regarding day-to-day operations of the pharmacy department to provide pharmacy care to patients and improve outcomes. Assures departmental competency and compliance to all regulatory, accreditation and hospital standards of care.
- Creates and reinforces a service culture based on the principles of continuous quality improvement. Empowers staff to create structures and processes that assures cost effective and safe utilization of drug supplies and pharmacy staff time.
- Leads and creates the annual operating and capital budgets, implementation of strategic/operational initiatives including but not limited to new services/programs, revenue enhancement, expense reduction, managed care utilization systems, and inpatient and ambulatory strategies for pharmacy care
- Partners with colleagues and communicates that pharmaceutical care is an integral component of the integrated health care delivery network and functions as a regular member of the multi-disciplinary care team. This includes the evolution of a pharmacy continuum of care that emphasizes keeping the member well; but covers the member through all episodes of sickness and recovery
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy is required. Advanced or Master's degree preferred (e.g., Pharm.D.) .
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Pharmacist in an acute care setting. Minimum of three (3) years of pharmacy management experience.
- Registered Pharmacist license. Oversight for an acute care facility requires licensure in the state in which you practice.
Associated topics: biomedical, biopharmaceutical, dietician, drug discovery, histologist, histology, immunoassay, microbiology, nutrition, pharmacy